Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week 2 Term 2 2008




We have finished off our inquiry on ‘discovering our backyard’ by writing a personal recount about planting our planter box. Three of our personal recounts were shared in this week’s newsletter.



We planted some plants. I looked at the flowers. The flowers looked pretty. We put the box with the flowers in by the post. Then we watered the plants. Then I showed the flowers to Mum.
By Grace



I went to plant the flowers. I put the soil in. I put the flower in the box in the middle. We watered the flowers. The box looks stunning. We hope the butterflies land on the flowers.
By Georgia




I went outside to plant the flowers. I put the dirt in the box. I put it by the post.
By Ben


This week we have started this terms topic of ‘discovering people who help us in our community’. Through this topic we are going to explore the following questions – What is a community? Why do people belong to a community?

We started by looking at our school community. We listed all the people who help us within our school. Next we took our class camera and went in search of the people we listed. Each of us in turn took a photo of the people we found – it was great fun. Next week we will write captions to go with our photos and will display them in our classroom.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

No comments: